Friday, October 23

Nothing of Use Nearby



Friday/Oct-9th-2009

I wonder if all this solitude is having some affect on my mind, I don't feel any different, but do you realize your going crazy while it's happening? If I'm not, it's only because Saxon is here with me. It doesn't matter where in the cabin I am, he stays with me. I think maybe he is a little lonely too, he misses all our friends that used to visit almost as much as I do. His barking and unease don't seemed to be getting any more or less frequent, but I still have no idea what sets him off. It could be any time of the day or night, and he will just start up. I recognize it as his warning bark, but we haven't had any unexpected visitors. There are still animals in the forest, and occasionally when we're outside I can hear the geese honking as they fly south.


It's getting colder, and the trees are beginning to thin out. Due to the way the weather is changing we have dedicated our time to finding a vehicle. Another week has passed and I haven't had any luck finding a car, at the nearby houses, that suits my needs. Several pickup's, which sound like an even better idea, but none of them are in good enough condition. Their all farm trucks, I want something that is going to protect us if we're attacked. I know it seems like I'm being over cautious, but I would rather be wrong and not need it. Then be right, and not have it. I think we're going to go into town to the local sheriff's office, and see if we can't pick up a vehicle there. I don't know if the glass is reinforced like it is in the movies, but I know that the police cars will at least be sturdy. I believe they have a Dodge magnum, I've seen it around town. Or at least, I did before everything went crazy. I haven't been back in all these weeks, but it doesn't look like we will be given any other choice. It's either go and find out, or stay here and never know. Wish us luck!

With Hope
-Jeri

0 comments: