Friday, September 18

Is anyone out there?




I got home almost a week ago; it’s taken me this long to get the power in my house up and running again. I live out on Belcourt Lake, if there are still people out there to read this, my coordinates are latitude 48.8753 Longitude -99.7492 If you can’t reply, but can somehow read this, come find me. I still have no idea what’s going on, or where everyone is. I had to get here on foot, no buses moving, there were cars crashed into buildings, twisted metal frames left on the road. No bodies, no people, no sign that anything violent happened while I was unconscious in the hospital, recovering from my accident. The silent town was unsettling, so I avoided it, and cut through the forest to get home. Saxon and I have walked the paths through the forest around my cabin for years; it was a small matter of finding familiar ground and following it. At least in the woods I could hear the birds singing.


Saxon was okay, more then anything that made me feel better. My four year old beloved malamute, with his charcoal grey markings was no worse for the wear after a couple of days without food. I gave him an extra helping of food to make up for my absence, and he seems to have forgiven me. Forgive me for rambling on, but this at least allows me to feel like I’m having some sort of human connection, even if no one ever answers, some memory of me, some record of what happened, will continue to exist no matter what.


Talking like this is starting to depress me, I think I’m going to take Saxon for a walk, maybe I’ll set a few snares for food, the idea of heading back into the empty town doesn’t sit well with me. I’ll explain about hoe I got the generator working and the strange sight at the edge of the lake the next time I can connect; assuming of course that the entirety of the internet doesn’t go down between now and then. I still am unable to access my email, or any of the other major websites. Please, if you find this, if your out there, answer.


With hope
- Jeri





0 comments: